Thursday 29 September 2011

a reflection of the present...

... to the future.

Just a number of days until what mounts to be the third and final year of another life I've been living since I was 18. University has brought me a realm of people who are now some of my bestest friends. But I've been thinking, something or someone must be watching over my choices or some form of nature takes into account what i'm thinking, 'cos I honestly don't think I could have gotten the friends I have now, if things were to be different. I wonder if anybody else feels the same as I do. If anyone wouldn't change anything in the past because it's brought you to a place where simplicity meets challenge, but in a good way. And where the meeting of people can form lifelong friendships in the blink of an eye. There's hoping, and then there's reality. What will be after this year?
My views on how to take this year are to do everything whole heartedly - not that I didn't before, but just to make sure I don't regret anything along the way.
Not to ask for things that may come naturally. The best things come to those who wait. Always a firm believer of that.
What will be will be.
So here's to a potentially life changing year, and with the coming summer months bound to zoom by any time soon, I'm excited, but nervous and dumbfounded all at the same rate.

2 comments:

  1. Looking back at my university years - I realise those were the years I found myself in very concrete ways and I attracted like-minded people into my life. And those are the people that have remained in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is panning out exactly the same way. In my third year now, they say it goes quick but so far, it's just been 3 days and already feels like a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete